Your sister’s baby shower is approaching, and you see the cutest teddy bear ever. Yes, baby needs a teddy bear. But 20 teddy bears might be too much. We’ve all seen the mom to be smile for the umpteenth time and say thank you as she unwraps the most darling stuffed bunny…zebra…well, you get the idea. So, what else can we get for that special baby on the way that moms will adore? Here are five of the hottest toys on the market for your newborn.
- A newborn’s most developed sense is hearing. They are able to hear and recognize sounds months before they are born. In fact, they even remember sounds from the womb. Incredible, right? Toys that provide auditory stimulation promote creativity and learning are crucial for normal brain development. Music — preferably classical — is the obvious auditory stimulant of choice. Our pick for a favorite auditory learning toy is this.
- Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy is a must have for your next shower gift. Parents love this — as do their littles! This perfect teether promotes two handed clutching and has a pleasing rattle sound which encourages cause and effect but isn’t loud enough to irritate mom or dad. The bright colors are mesmerizing, and babies love to chew on the teething tubes. This can be refrigerated to help soothe those sore gums.
- Perfect for a stroller, the Skip Hop Silver Lining Cloud Rattle Moon Stroller Toy allows baby to explore textures, patterns, and sounds. As you are enjoying your morning walk, your baby will be listening to the sounds of nature while her hands are busy with this rattle. This teething toy is perfect for the stroller and home.
- We’ve all had babies go for our keys. We also know those sharp pieces of metal are horrible for baby’s mouth. Here is a set of keys much more suited for your little one. Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys with varied textures are perfect in promoting eruption of the front, middle, and back teeth. The cold texture feels so good on those sore gums and will bring much needed relief. Easy to grip, your baby will love this teether!
- This might be the perfect toy for your newborn. The First Years Stack Up Cup Toys are a classic. From fitting them together, to stacking, to hiding things in them, babies are sure to be delighted with these colorful cups. As your baby ages, he will spend more time manipulating these cups in the bath and the sand enchanted by pouring one into the other. This is a toy that will last well into a child’s toddler years.