It’s never too soon to start reading to your baby. From the womb, the benefits start adding up. Between boosting vocabulary and language skills to teachable moments, there isn’t a downside to opening a book for your little one. Help build your child’s imagination and you will enable him to see a world of possibilities. Here are 8 must have books to fill baby’s bookshelf!
- Guess How Much I love you, Lap-Size Board Book: A children’s classic that never grows old! For the past 30 years parents have been reading the story of Big and Little Nutbrown Hare. The words, I love you, never grow old or go out of date.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? : Another classic with illustrating legend Eric Carle at the helm. This book with its vivid animal colors and sing-songy text will open your child’s imagination to the vast array of possibilities.
- Please, Baby, Please (Classic Board Books): This book by Spike and Tonya Lewis Lee examines the exasperating moments most parents face when raising a toddler. Toddlers quickly drain all of our energy but they never stop melting our hearts.
- Besos for Baby: A Little Book of Kisses: The cover of the book is as eye-catching as the entire theme. We love that this book portrays that love is the same in all languages. Read this book to your baby, and you won’t be able to resist giving Muchos besos to your little bébé!
- Little Blue Truck board book: Friendships and animal sounds…the perfect combination! The story of how the blue truck got stuck in the mud and with the help from animal friends he got back on the road again, will teach your children to help one another.
- Peekaboo Morning: Who doesn’t enjoy a game of peekaboo with their favorite baby? This board book and its wonderful illustrations will be a delight for your child.
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be: This perfectly rhymed text will touch your heart as you see your little one through the pages of this story. As parents, we all want the best for our children. This book expresses those hopes perfectly.
- Lullaby (For a Black Mother): A lullaby of love from a mother to her child. The poetry of James Mercer Langston Hughes combined with the illustrations of Sean Qualls equals a treasure you and your little one will cherish.
Start your baby on the path to literacy, while making beautiful memories, by stocking your nursery with books like these.